Our volunteers at Horses for Healing are truly the ones who keep a smile on the children’s faces. Volunteers see many life changing moments and play a significant role in making them happen. We train volunteers to groom and tack horses, lead horses, and walk along-side the children helping to support and stabilize them. Volunteers also help with numerous administrative tasks and assist in our crafts activities, special events, and fundraisers. We’re always in need of volunteers and encourage anyone who loves children to contact us.
Volunteers are at the heart of any nonprofit organization and Horses for Healing is no exception. The riding sessions can be very labor intensive, requiring as many as four volunteers per rider. Horse experience is not necessary for most volunteer opportunities.
Horses for Healing needs volunteers to help with the therapeutic riding program. Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- Groom, tack and untack the horses before and after classes
- Walk beside the riders during riding classes
- Help with games in the arena
- Lead the horses during riding class (must have horse experience)
- Teach or assist in stable management classes (horse care, grooming, tacking, etc.)
- Teach or assist with arts and crafts in the classroom
- Help fit helmets and keep up with the time
Other volunteering opportunities include:
- Corporate and Church work groups to help with facility maintenance and ranch work
- Eagle Scout Projects
- Special Events and Fundraisers like our Barn Dance, Golf Tournament and Charity Horse Show
New Volunteer Orientation
All new volunteers must be at least 14 years old and attend one volunteer orientation. You are only required to attend one of the classes.
Contact Elaine for more information or to register for an orientation session:
Office: (479) 795-0570
Cell: (479) 586-0504